Logitech Harmony Elite Hub Review
If you need your living room, home theater, or gaming room ready in an instant, we recommend the Logitech Harmony Elite Hub. This premium entertainment hub comes with a touchscreen universal remote and doesn't need significant smart home knowledge to set up.
We recommend the elite hub for its ease of use, reliability, and its impressive universal remote. For the more budget conscious, we recommend the Harmony Home Hub which transforms your smartphone into a remote. If you just want a smart universal remote, we also like the (even more expensive) Caavo which is beautifully designed, inside and out.
The Logitech Harmony Elite Hub connects via Wi-Fi and supports Bluetooth and WiFi smart devices. You can get Zigbee and Z-Wave support with the hub extender.
The hub and remote generally communicate with your media electronics, like your set-top box or Xbox One via infrared (IR) blasters. Playstations 3 and 4 can connect via Bluetooth, but need to be manually turned on and off due to Sony's third-party remote restrictions.
You can also use the Elite Hub with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT, Nest and Sonos products. This hub can also act as a bridge and be added to a SmartThings Hub.
- You can control media devices like TVs, gaming consoles, and IR-ready projectors as well as smart lights, shades, and other IoT devices.
- The Elite comes with a universal remote with a touchscreen at the top. The remote is backlit and the touchscreen gives you easy access to all of your connected devices.
- You can control up to 15 devices and, via the remote, you can access and save up to 50 favorite channels.
- You can use your phone to control your devices using the app (iOS and Android). The app experience is generally good. You can set up, program, and use the hub using the included Logitech software on your computer (Mac and Windows).
What Could Be Better
- This is an expensive hub, but it aims to do a specific thing and succeeds.
- Since the hub can't connect to the internet via ethernet, you need reliable WiFi in order to get the most out of this hub. Spotty WiFi will affect the performance of your commands and triggers.
The Logitech Harmony Elite Hub is covered under a one-year warranty, and Logitech's customer support is reasonably fast and helpful.