Levoit LV-H132 Air Purifier Review
|$15||See On Amazon (Replacement Filter)|
|$75||See On Amazon (White)|
|$85||See On Amazon (Black)|
Part of our team owns and loves this ozone-free air purifier. We recommend the Levoit LV-H132 because it looks great, works well, and has an inexpensive replacement filter. In our research, we couldn't find an equal or better purifier for small spaces that had a True HEPA filter without adding on ozone-producing features like ionizers or UV sanitizers.
- This purifier uses a three layer filter: a pre-filter, an activated carbon filter, and a True HEPA filter. The True HEPA filter can filter 99.97 percent of particles 0.3 microns and larger which means this can clear small particles like smoke and larger particles like pet dander. Because all three filters are in one casing, you only need to buy one filter instead of a main and pre-filter.
- Officially, this purifier covers 86 square feet, but I and other users have used it in rooms 100–200 sq. ft with great results. I've used it steadily for six months (4–8 hours daily) in a 120 square foot room and the filter replacement light has yet to turn on.
- The control panel lets you choose from three fan speeds. The low and medium speeds are like white noise, but on the highest setting, the purifier can compete with conversations or TV viewing.
- There's also a nightlight that can prove useful in kids' bedrooms. It defaults to a bright blue, but it also has a dim setting.
What Could Be Better
- Since its intake is omnidirectional, this air purifier needs some clearance from objects around it. Though 15 inches is recommended, it will still function with less clearance, if you don't mind slower results.
- The lights on the control panel are fairly bright, which may be a deterrent for light-sensitive sleepers.
Warranty and Customer Support
Levoit offers refunds within 30 days, a two-year warranty, and lifetime customer support. Their support team is helpful, but sometimes not very responsive.