Arteck HB030B Wireless Keyboard Review
For a lightweight option that doesn't break the bank, take the Arteck Wireless Keyboard for a spin. This backlit keyboard is light, wireless, and compatible with several operating systems. The keyboard is ideal for tablets and smartphones, but can also be used with laptop and desktop computers.
Membrane or Mechanical Keyboard?
This is a thin, membrane keyboard that doesn't provide as much tactile feedback as our other picks, but it makes typing a smooth experience.
- The keyboard is designed to work with Windows, Macs, iOS, and Android operating systems. You can also connect with other Bluetooth ready systems like Linux, Chrome OS, and Amazon's Fire.
- The keyboard is lightweight at less than half a pound, making it easy to carry with you.
- It's backlit with seven colors to choose from, if you want a more customized look.
- It can be used while it's being charged.
What Could Be Better
- Some users find that the keyboard is quite loud for a membrane keyboard, but we didn't find it to be significantly louder than our other wireless picks or the Apple Magic Keyboard.
- The keys stick over time, according to user reviews, but customer service is very helpful when it comes to replacing keys or the entire keyboard.
- The keyboard is small. Our wireless picks are already on the short side, but the Arteck is over two inches shorter lengthwise. This is ideally meant for use with tablets and smartphones, so it might feel a bit cramped with heavy computer use.
- It can't hold your phone or tablet. You'll need a separate kickstand or the Logitech K480 Keyboard which has no backlight.
Warranty and Customer Support
Though their website is MIA, Arteck is known for its responsive customer service. Their team can be reached via the information in the user guide. The keyboard is covered under a two-year limited warranty, which is quite impressive at this price point.