Airmega 300 Air Purifier Review
We recommend the Airmega 300 for it's design, effective filtration, and its ability to clean the air of a large space without using ozone-producing processes. Aside from other Airmega models, we couldn't find any outward competition that performed as well without using an ionizer or UV sanitizer.
If you want a few smart features and Alexa integration, you can spend an extra $100 on the 300S, but we don't think the upgrade is necessary. Currently, the 400 is the same price as our pick and offers a light sensor (see below), but should the sale end, we think the 300S is a better splurge option.
- This air purifier uses a True HEPA filter so it filters 99.97 percent of particles 0.3 microns and larger. This means it can catch small particles like smoke and larger particles like pet dander and dust.
- It covers areas up to 1256 square feet so it can handle large spaces and be hypereffective in smaller spaces.
- The Airmega 300 has a pollution sensor, so in Auto mode, it will adjust the fan speed based on the air quality. In Eco mode, if the sensor detects good air quality for ten minutes, it will shut off the fan. If the quality dips again, the fan will turn back on.
- You can also manually activate a Sleep mode which dims the control light and slows down the fan. If you upgrade to the 400 or 400S (covers 1,560 square feet), a light sensor will automatically activate Sleep mode in a dark room.
- There's a one, four, and eight hour timer option.
- It operates between roughly 22 and 52 db, depending on the fan speed. For reference, normal conversations average between 50 and 60 db.
What Could Be Better
- Some users weren't impressed with its ability to filter odors. They felt that the odors were less pungent, but not completely eliminated. The disparity in reviews on odor filtration could simply come down to user sensitivity, but there were enough disappointed reviews for us to not mention it.
- The Airmega is, well, mega. It weighs 21 pounds and its cube-like dimensions make it difficult to move around. We should note that it is exactly as heavy as our main pick, which only filters about one third of the space.
Warranty and Customer Support
Airmega offers a five-year limited warranty and we found their online customer support to be fairly responsive and helpful.